Sunday, November 8, 2009

ancient Chinese secrets


...so now i can't get
to Omegaworld,
Coffee Messiah, or
the Ancient Sword...
so i'm really hoping to get
this old Compaq switched
out for a newer model later
this week:
until then here's a
silly new bit
and some old doodles. Happy Sunday!

fix up your fixer-upper,
tend to that dromedary's drip,
imbibe daily in dastardly devices,
count your blessing heartily--
but don't drop dainty donuts.
These tidbits gathered from a wee birdy,
a bifurcating biennially binging
blue-footed booby.
Becoming indoctrinated to a self sacrificing
salad of sea bass
one must profess prolifically in spades,
sans sporks, regrettably forgoing prophylactics
for latex-free, syntax-free,
expletive-free condiments.
Actually, a blue balloon ballad becomes you,
so sing out loud, singularly, and
sock standerbys who stoically stare
at your pants--
with a pathetic pink poodle,
as well as peeled whole canned leeches.
Let lazy lactating larches lose leaves
while yellowing llamas yodel
meaningful Mendelian melodies to me:
Xow Chow Xi,
ex Xeroxing exchanger,
Keeper of Ancient Chinese Secret!

9 comments:

ArtSparker said...

It's good to have a device with which to control these...manifestations.

Delwyn said...

Hi Tom

The dromedary in the Au outback has become a pest that requires culling because of the damage they do. It is said that the recent dust storms are in part to be blamed on the camels stripping the vegetation from the interior.

Happy dromedary days

Tom said...

heh?! I'd forgotten about the camels in Australia...there are a lot of strange animals there, so i guess camels fit right in!

Brian Miller said...

i am particularly fond of blue balloon balads...and i do hope your computer woes pass quickly...

Baino said...

There's a lot of the blues in that prose! Sucks about the computer. I'm just waiting for the moment that my dasterdly device meets its maker.

Candie said...

OH noooooooooo!Yeah there was a time I couldn't access to yours too!Will be back but it's not that I said something interseting lately or.. ever,except if you like Placebo of course!Well I really like your little story here!Have a nice day!;)

Skip Simpson said...

I always enjoy popping in to see what you've been up to. Love the drawings! You are a true original!

Lisa Ursu said...

"so sing out loud, singularly, and
sock standerbys who stoically stare
at your pants--"
Part of my new anthem.
5 cans of corn out of 5 (various kinds)

Jeff said...

Hmmm . . . Omegaworld. For you, Tom, I suppose I could change the name . . .