Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Mexico Three

Mexico is a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there. Or maybe I would, who knows? The resort we stayed at was Nuts...Coconuts!

Ocean views, Garden view too...
The day trip to Chichen Itza was an eye opener. Have you seen Apocalypto? Great movie, and it showed what this place may have looked like in its glory days. The ball court was amazing, even the two rings were still attached. The winning captain- guess what? He lost his life!
The Mayans built a huge pyramid, a calendar, then ten years later they built this bigger one over the top of it. The first one was obsolete! I don't know who the posing chick is, but she'd of made a swell sacrifice.
Okay, they invented the zero and could do amazing calculations, but didn't know how to construct a simple Roman arch or use the wheel...
A short bike ride into a neighboring town was refreshing, and hot, and butt aching.
A boat, like the one that took us out to the reef for a snorkeling adventure. Next time I'll get an underwater camera. Maybe; I had my hands full just keeping the snorkel and mask clear.


The locals all seemed to own these bikes. That basket could carry a lot of coconuts, or iguanas.
Hmmm, these lobby flowers look like they could poke an eye out!

5 comments:

Brian Miller said...

dude love the pics of the ruins...imagine walking there to be really cool...

PattiKen said...

That flower is amazing. Looks like it's on a cactus of some sort.

Did a guy with a machete behead a coconut for you and give it to you with a straw?

Tess Kincaid said...

Wonderful pics, Tom. wow

tony said...

Tom, What A Great Place To BE! Enjoy!

JeffScape said...

Howz cum der ain no haf-moose in deez pikchers?