They would have kicked me out in a heartbeat.
I have no clue what this is all about, but I saw it a few times around town. Pretty cool.
Is this a waste of a picture? Geometric shapes, they're everywhere!
Monday, June 27, 2011
Mexico part Two
I can't tell you much about art, but I know what I like. There's a simple beauty in colors and lines. Much of Mexico is so run down. We only saw a fragment of life there, but could see poverty everywhere, especially some of the Mayan villages, which were in some cases no more than hollow concrete buildings with no doors or windows.
But in a way, even on these sparse streets in the little towns there was color and form.
The ancients left their doodles everywhere in Chichen Itza.
A quaint fountain at the Inn at the Mayan ruins. It was an open courtyard, as many there are.
Yes, murals. Kim at Mouse Medicine would have her camera out here a lot!
One of the shell sculptures on the Catholic Church in Puerto Morelos. Should have gotten up for the service Sunday morning, but we were probably hung over and sunburned.
I don't know, do these shades go well together? Maybe, in a seaside town!
"Where the Weird are Welcome....for Awhile."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
nice...bet this was a realy cool trip...would have been enamored with the culture....
Great photos. I especially like the first one. It looks like a painting.
Your caption "The ancients left their doodles everywhere in Chichen Itza" made me wonder if those doodles were considered a form of graffiti back then. If so, good that no one felt the need to clean them up. 'Course, it wouldn't have been so easy...
i feel like i'm there...nostalgic for mexico.
beautiful.
i envy you the chance to be somewhere new, to test yourself. i've always enjoyed a new environment. feel a little naked. forces me to look outwards and inwards.
beautiful shots. the last one (especially) i do believe to be completely artful.
hope you guys made great memories.
xo
erin
Post a Comment