Monday, February 1, 2010

There is some rejoicing as to the end of January...

A work accomplice asked me my sign,
and I told her.
Aquarius.
'That explains everything,'
she said.

...what!?

..so, my February/Aquarius/birthday poem:

Aquarius, Last Quarter Moon.

In apogee, astrological signs
are as impact craters
are to Jupiter in conjunction with the sun.
The Moon elders never rely
on retreating galaxies
for telling
destinies,
but
for bearing
the strands of lost opportunity.
Innocence
we are unlikely to borrow
a neighbor's happy
circumstance
while perusing the stars—
points of
interest—
but the fortunate make their own,
while the thrifty await
a futile perigee
and often a pebble
off Quadrantid
lands within reach,
or bores a hole instead
into the head.

13 comments:

Tom said...

OK, January is over, Liza...get thee back to Blogland!

Bimbimbie said...

I've never been able to guess people's star sign ... there's a layer of each in all of us I think*!*

Tess Kincaid said...

Why am I thinking Bedknobs and Broomsticks? Maybe it's the apogee and perigees.

Yep, I could tell you were a quirky Aquarius.

Brian Miller said...

i hope you have a great birthday...minus the pebble to the head. ouch.

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a good birthday month. I love your birthstone...the purple amethyst...very mysterious.

JeffScape said...

Is this the dawning of...?

Candie said...

My brother is aquarius,just like sagittarian,they are a piece of sunshine,rebel too,kind and original just like you are.When's your birthday then?My brother's is the 6th,mine is 21st,few days I could have been aquarius too,have a nice day :)

Tom said...

i'm right inbetween on the 14th.
but i'm only a rebel on the inside.

Baino said...

Both my kids are Aquarians and you couldn't get two more different people. I still check my horoscope each morning . . just for fun mind! And it's true, the fortunate either do 'make their own' or in my experience, they're just bloody lucky!When's your birthday? Happy day for whenever it is.

Tom said...

HI Helen, you're following me pretty close there...Look up :)

i had fun with this one, glad you picked up on some of the irony.

Mrsupole said...

Aquarius is the opposite in the signs to a Leo. An Aquarius is supposed to be my best mate, but I always seemed to date and married a Capricorn, my worst mate possibility. I am a glutton for punishment because we have lasted over 35 years together which is really shocking to some.

I liked your birthday poem, really cool. And your a Valentine's Day baby to boot. For you that is a day to get a gift and to give a gift. How sweet is that? One of my nephews has the same birthday and he really likes it on that day.

And Toby is an Aquarius too. How cool is that!

God bless.

Unspoken said...

The Moon elders never rely
on retreating galaxies
for telling
destinies,
but
for bearing
the strands of lost opportunity.

Nice.

Your art makes me smile everytime. Liked the thirty-three especially in this.

Reya Mellicker said...

OK. I love this, for so many reasons: planetary associations, Aquarian associations and Tom-style psychedelia in word and image. Wicked cool.