Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Mirror / Omitting your Mistakings


a Theme Thursday Picture :


this week combining the Mirror theme thursday post along with a Tenth Daughter of Memory update, 4th in a 9 part series--on with the torture:



The first step to omitting your mistakes, is admitting them.
In a universe with no boundaries, eventually someone will get it right.
Now I seem to be in the thick of it,
as my Uncle Languid used to say;
'...now yur in da tick of it, boy.'
I've gathered around me every mechanical device
that will not be missed, and several that already are.
And for several years have kept continually busy and filthy
with the very dirt of my earth, dirty dirt, tunneling beneath
the foundation of my home, even stretching as far as
my bordering neighbors.
A ring. A ring opposite and lateral to the one in Switzerland,
smaller but reflecting it in potential.
Not the unearthly voices, but the digits and sequences and
hovering red bands of fire—all have spoken
to me and drove me to this madness.
I pontificated weirdly with a doughnut,
“The potential of the Hadron converter
is unrealized.
Bouncing protons off one another is child's play,
tho an innocent diversion today, exhibits
latent tendencies toward
a more dangerous game.”
But the doughnut digressed, it was unmoved.
It argued “when a civilization achieves godlike power
to create the penultimate device,
they will either destroy their civilization,
or all civilizations—everywhere.”
Still, I dig and construe a thing in
the image of Armageddon itself;
my motives have yet to be revealed
from beyond this world's crust
into my consciousness. I wait, and I dig.
I fear it to be the mirror image of
a Big Bang impulse drive; I pray it is a
reset button.

24 comments:

Kris McCracken said...

Embrace your mistakes and/or pass them off as deliberate!

Brian Miller said...

a reset button would be nice at times. love the doodle!

mouse (aka kimy) said...

i love reset....... if only life had a reset button...but hey no regrets

tony said...

No wonder I got an upset tummy after eating that doughnut last night........

Alan Burnett said...

I know I have jumped mid-way into this and have not yet read the previous parts : but I will because I love it. It is like one of those madrigals where you can start singing at any point and it still is complete. Circular, I suppose I mean. Doughnut shaped.

Harnett-Hargrove said...

If only the reset button came with every made decision! -J

Tess Kincaid said...

Uncle Languid? Love it. I like how the faucet has a little face and ears for levers.

Anonymous said...

There is no hole you can dig deep enough...this I know...

Candie said...

Switzerland uh?Do U plan to come and see me?Kidding but this post was really good!Good day to you and Toby,not the gobblins or Troy.. jans if you prefer.

Rebecca said...

I could use a reset button today!

Tom said...

i'll switch the picture around so it can be enlarged.

Tom said...

Candie, you're a hoot. Next time i'm in Switz i'll stop in to see you..but i thought you were in France?

e said...

Love the drawing and the sentiment here. Happy TT!

Tom said...

kat,

doodles are like poetry in that all is subjective, so you ask: is it a frog or a plucked chicken?

yes.

JeffScape said...

You know what I'm finding really awesome?

The longer your stories get, the more sense they make. Even if they don't make sense. Or sense that they might make sense when they don't feel like making sense. Or despite the fact that a snippet might make some sense, but not combined with another snippet that could make different sense, but senses that they should make sense together.

Seriously. I. f-in'. love. this.

Leah said...

I've been back to look at this twice now: I love it.

Anonymous said...

A reset button IS the holy grail.

Well done.

Sometimes, the best mirror I’ve got is the look in my daughter’s eyes.

Betsy Brock said...

Where do I get one of those reset buttons? LOL! And, as always...love, love the doodle!

Baino said...

Great drawings today Tom . .I'll have to read this half a dozen times to get the half twist as usual.Deeply concerned that Jeffscape is actually making sense of your yarns!

Unknown said...

Reset buttons?
Honestly, I do regret for that
will be saying that I do not
believe in life paths which I do.

Mine is here

http://justmeshakirack.blogspot.com/2010/02/mirrors-of-my-life-thursday-theme.html

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!
and
GONG XI FA CAI!
(means WISHING YOU PROSPERITY! in Mandarin, Chinese)

hugs
shakira

Reya Mellicker said...

Mirror mirror on the wall
Who's that guy who's such a doll?

You are a fountain of creativity, dude. Bravo!

lettuce said...

i'm feeling languid myself today

Unspoken said...

my motives have yet to be revealed
from beyond this world's crust
into my consciousness.

Perhaps we all have a bit of this going!

Unspoken said...

PS, loved the art!