for the Tenth Daughter of Memory (Fear of Writing).
The thing I once knew
about penmanship
blows my mind.
It's the curlycues, they're
unallowed, but look around;
is originality lauded? Stay
between the lines. I stretch out
in my subterranean hideaway,
here I weave a construction of
pebbles and dominoes because
somehow it all means something
to me.
Stop me if you've heard this;
somewhere someone
other
must be having these same
fucked up thoughts.
Who's/what's making this stuff up,
how's it getting in my head?
A piece of string placed over the top
of a pair of dice
number 9
reminds me of the interconnectivity
of all organisms in this world
and the next.
I am living in a fantasy world;
as I shift the dust from the
floor of my sanctum
leaving arcane scratchings,
do the hidden meanings
of the sacrosanct text ebb
from known dimensions
only to re-emerge
...elsewhere?
The thing I once knew
about penmanship
blows my mind.
It's the curlycues, they're

unallowed, but look around;
is originality lauded? Stay
between the lines. I stretch out
in my subterranean hideaway,
here I weave a construction of
pebbles and dominoes because
somehow it all means something
to me.
Stop me if you've heard this;
somewhere someone
other
must be having these same
fucked up thoughts.
Who's/what's making this stuff up,
how's it getting in my head?
A piece of string placed over the top
of a pair of dice
number 9
reminds me of the interconnectivity
of all organisms in this world
and the next.
I am living in a fantasy world;
as I shift the dust from the
floor of my sanctum
leaving arcane scratchings,
do the hidden meanings
of the sacrosanct text ebb
from known dimensions
only to re-emerge
...elsewhere?
16 comments:
pretty cool to think that someone else whwere may be having hte same thoughts or that maybe it is their fault for these thoughts. i think i saw a movie once...a long time ago..
Don't let it get you down, it's only quantum mechanics.
If it means something to you, I say go with it :).
Effed-up thoughts are sometimes the more sane ones...good piece, Tom...
Ooh hoo...
Story's starting to get a little creepy.
LOVE your Muse suggestion, by the way. It's gonna screw me up, but it is an awesome topic.
Maybe I'll get to return the favor, though there's only one Muse left.
Heh.
hey Jeff, i'm sure you can spin it to fit in somehow.
Shape-shifting of the mind, too. -J
I don't know what is scarier to me? The fact that I don't ever understand shit, or the fact that everyone else, does! LOL
Interconnectivity of orgasms and other stuff, too, requires a lot of curlicues. Quills into the ink, please. And now ... please write outside the lines. Thanks.
I never understand anything anymore because everything is so f'd up anymore and so maybe someone does control our minds. Is what is happening now real or is what is happening when we think we are asleep real. Is only what goes on around me real or is what goes on around you real. Are you fake and me real or am I fake and you real. Does the world revolve around me or you or him or her or them or us.
Okay, now I am really f'd up and Lost, oh yeah it is the final season, so do they get found? I need a drink right now.
But I still love your drawings and if I could draw even one fourth of how well you do then maybe I would not be so f'd up.
Geez that cup of hot chocolate is sure gonna taste good after all this thinking.
Great story.
I wish I made sense.
God bless.
I so totally understand this!Sorry Otin,lol,you cracked me up!We might belong to the same kind,I'm still trying to guess the exact word but I am serious about this and that's the scariest!The question is are you really what I think you are or is someone around you playing with your head?If it is the last,it can be undone but if it is the first thing well unless you stay all alone you will go on with your life picking up energies around without knowing or almost for the best and the worst.You have to accept and take risks..beware of your frequentations,hum..hope you did enjoy The Superbowl though.P.S:it is not me who is playing wityh your head,I belong to the first category,I don't cast spells on people,never did,never will.
ooh! These comments are freakin' me out! :)
No that was a joke I've never existed,you neither :)
i have it from a good source that life is but a dream.
Thanks for the heads up Candie!
No he said perhaps ;)peut-etre :)
Feels like a psychedelic picture from the 60's.
Mad Hatter
Post a Comment