Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The consensus is reset.

An Ambiance of technology-- a feeling or mood associated with a particular place person or thing.

This is the third part of The Tenth Daughter of Memory's 'River of Mnemosyne Challenge.'

Tonight's dreaming was of an
argent steel trebuchet,
fixed upon a verdant expanse
and fitted with a spike that
flew up and over in a
thunderbolt arc
until the spike plunged
itself into the loam
hurling chunks into ethereality.
The machine dimensions stayed with
me for awhile, after stirring,
and several cups couldn't clear
the gunmetal image. If I
closed my eyes the alien
hieroglyphics swirled and reconnected
via obvious signs of equilibrium and
if this than thats,
but meeting eye to eye was
for now
out of the question.
I calmed myself with peripherals
seeing but not seeing
sensing vibrations aimed over
the curve of space by something
named a nownomorenotnow
within my current state of repression.
I was like a baby,
I only got what I needed
too much is sure to burst
my visceral sack.
Thru the breadth of the morning
a breeze of contentment
deposited seeds of realization
and the rotors and hissing tubes
and gears the size of planatoid boulders
contrailed and dispersed into cirrus clouds
over my rotting dining room table.
Soon there would be a shifting
of personnel, a deliverance of
disproportionate magnitude
meant to save us all for one,
or none at all.

8 comments:

Brian Miller said...

nice...love the play on the phrase there in those last line...3 musketeers...

オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
tony said...

Nothing Stays the same.Everything Changes & this is good.
I always read you in two ways.I read The Words (of course!) But, also, I love the feeling you paint.Bravo Sir!

Tom said...

Thanks Tony; interesting,because in writing these pieces the ebb and flow of the words mean more to me than the words. You don't have to 'get it'; it is what it is, and often has a different meaning depending on who you are and what sort of mood you're living through.

JeffScape said...

Armageddon as only you could describe it.

This ride rocks!

Very glad you decided to join 10thDoM.

sarahjayne smythe said...

I'm late to the party. My apologies. But I wanted you to know that I really love the way you craft your words. Makes for a fascinating read.

Nessa said...

I like the contrast of hard concrete images against the fleshy ones.

Mad Hatter

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone, thanx a lot fore this article .... This aws exactly wha I was looking for.