Sunday, December 13, 2009

Happy Holidays...don't drink & drive

this is brutal...it had me cringing and sweating. TYWKIWDBI

7 comments:

Brian Miller said...

thanks for sharing tom...

sobering...

Baino said...

Yeh Christmas/New Year are notorious not so much for drink driving particularly but for fatalities. People tend to head for their holidays and the worst problem is falling asleep at the wheel. It's such a big place that a 10 hour drive is not unusual. We now have 'double demerits' from 23rd December through to after New Years. Double the points and fines for any traffic infringement. It does seem to work.

Candie said...

I totally follow you on that!Totally agree!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link.

Baino makes a good point about 'tiredness kills' as well.

I have known victims, and I know people who still take risks too. I think penalties should be much higher.

Tom said...

Thanks everyone...

Baino, here we used to have a great system of highway roadstop rests, but the economy has seen many or all of those go away, depending on the state and their specific highway budgets...so I can see that being a big problem here, too. Especially over the holidays and summer vacation driving...thanks for the input!

Coffee Messiah said...

Yikes, indeed.

Recently while in Iowa, we stopped at one of theirs.

Puts ours here to shame ; (

Cheers!

Mike said...

I have never been drunk and driven. It is the other people who scare me!