Over the Hill, and climbing on and all over a few other things as well---
Had to go all the way up to get this picture:
I climbed that!
Turkey Run State Park: I climbed that!
Camelback Mountain: I climbed that!
The Dunes : Maybe one the hardest hikes I've been on: I climbed that!
Squaw Peak, deadly, but strangely satisfying:
I climbed that!
Three Brothers in Colorado:
Proof--I climbed that!
Rapid City Works project.
Three Brothers in Colorado:Proof--I climbed that!
Rapid City Works project.I climbed that!
(so did my histerically blabbering finger pointing 'dinosaur' yelling 1 year old)
No, but I would!
No, but I would!
21 comments:
i love climbing...the last one, i would too...and i probably would have been pointing at the dinos too.
You are a natural born climber...among other things. :^)
That Squaw Peak looks amazing! I'm impressed! :) So you've been over the hill many times! ha!
It's Tough At The Top!
Unlike Brian, I hate climbing. But I need a knee replacement so can ya blame me?
Neat photos and very impressive you have done so much climbing. You must be one fit guy.
A friend of mine on Gather.com did a visit to Turkey Run State Park and posted a photo essay on the visit about a year and a half ago. He gave me the itch to go visit the place, and now you've brought that itch back. Some day, maybe...
That is a whole lot of climbing! wonderful!
Wow this is a bit different! Hate climbing stairs these days, the creaky knees give way.
What was that first one? It looked like a firetower? I would rather go up the hill than over the hill!
Tom--you have conquered your fair share of hills..looks like you have been to phoenix,sedona is just two hours north and a heck of a lot cooler--you would love it.
My third time there--never gets old..best c
ps --I wouldn't do the roof;-)
I admire people that can climb hills like Squaw Peak...I'm deathly afraid of heights. Bravo!
Well, you have done some impressive climbs...that first photograph made me dizzy with the sheer steepness of it! GOOD for you! You are most certainly NOT over the hill!
What a fun adventure in photos! It must be wonderful to look at them and be reminded of your accomplishments!
Tom, cool take on the theme will be doing more climbing as the fall continues. Love the dinos :)
There are a lot of good climbs in the Pheonix area...Sedona must be lovely.
alas, the friend of mine living there has moved away, so it is doubtful i will get back into that area in the forseeable future...looking for more interesting climbs in the corn belt...ha...that was a joke.
hey Liza...too bad you're afraid of heights, there must be some incredible views out Northwest...and one of my dreams is of course to see the redwoods!
Subby...if you live near any climbable hills or mts i am truly jealous...
Tom, I live amongst the Worcester, MA. hills. Mt. Wachusett isn't too far and there's alway New Hampshire's rocky climbs. Plus, I lived in Denver a couple times( as a kid )but still got to do some Rockie Mountain climbing :)
nice set of peaks
Yes Lettuce, The Squaw Peak is neat, and a very difficult climb, especially at the top where much scrambling amonst rocks is required!
Hey Subby, very nice to live in the hills. My brother lives outside of Denver, and the foothills are maybe a 40 or 50 minute drive...lot of stellar hiking there. I live in the middle of a corn field. Weeeeeeeeee.
Wow you are a bad ass! Nice climbing. I love the pics - is that you peeking over the edge? Saddleback mountain is beautiful and dramatic.
And I LOVE the new Toby pics.
thanks Reya...no ones ever called me a badass before...Thanks for checking in on Toby, too!
I love this post!
"I climbed that!" I know I've said this before, but that belongs on a T shirt.
I love it when little kids point and scream in delight. I still do that today!
Given my lack of personal grace, I'm leaving the rooftops to you and Spiderman.
Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment