Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Taking Flight to a higher plane........


Purple skies amazing
Breaking sunlight raising
Expectations of a lifetime
Dream bubbles in their prime.
In this the time is right
For the Dromnauts to take flight
Reaching for makers to heap praise
Rising on crepuscular rays.
Off machines they will take wing
And their rotors whirl and sing
As the Dromnauts dip and fight
Drafts and currents in this flight,
And they venture to the clouds
In twos and fours and larger crowds.
With the bumbling ways they float
Spilling cargos they all tote
The Dromnauts surf and ride
In their wakes sometimes collide.
Ascending on the ladder
An ether mixed in chatter
Blathering they rise
Up into the skies,
And the cumuli will part
And gather to its heart
Each Dromnaut far and close
Every one the cloudburst chose
To fill a vacant hole
In its mother loving soul.

22 comments:

Skip Simpson said...

Wow! If anyone can "think outside the box," I think it would be you! Very imaginative and creative! Happy Theme Thursday!

Kris McCracken said...

I can see their innards!

Anonymous said...

Tom, I must say that was fantastic! Well done sir :)

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

Dromnauts are pretty cool!

Alan Burnett said...

You can almost feel the imagination oozing out of your post. Such inventiveness, such a rhythm. Most enjoyable.

Baino said...

Oh Tom, I'm all a blithery and a twitter with the thought of dreamy dromnaughts being hugged by clouds.

Tess Kincaid said...

Dromnauts just gave me a craving for donuts.

Harnett-Hargrove said...

Meant to be read out loud. Wonderful sing song! -J

Brian Miller said...

love the pics...the little dromnauts have an interesting way to fly....the last line as well..."To fill a vacant hole
In its mother loving soul." great! happy tt!

Leah said...

I am so crazy about these little drawings!

Marvelous post.

Betsy Brock said...

I'm with Willow...Krispy Kreme anyone!? LOL!

Lisa Ursu said...

Tom, this is among my favs most definitely.
I love the first four lines. Who am I kidding, I love it all!
GREAT work.
Can you feel the corn?
Happy tt.

Wings1295 said...

Weehaa! That was fun!

California Girl said...

more poetic illustrations. really really nice.

Mike said...

Have you ever tried writing a Children's book?
I think that you could do fantastic!

JeffScape said...

This rocks. 'Nuff said.

Garth said...

Now that's an airshow I pay to go see. Brilliant!

Candie said...

I think that one was beautiful!Always original take on theme.

lettuce said...

excellent - i think we all need to learn more about Dromnauts.

also, love the word crepuscular

Reya Mellicker said...

Ah the season of dromnaut migrations, oh yeah. Love it that they rise on crepuscular rays, as they should. If I could, I definitely would!

Fly high, brothers! Fly high!

Dreamhaven said...

sublime fantasy. I even learned a new word. crepuscular (twilight)
Happy TT

Sandra Leigh said...

"Blathering they rise
up into the skies,"
What a delightful image!