
i am now listening to cello
and webmetronome
at the same time
and the compu-timer just went off.
I recently stopped in @ a used bookstore and this followed me home; take a gander:
some of youz guys is fairly well read and can undoubtedly guess the author.
I've done a bit of writing and if I had a friend of a friend of a publisher, might even have a chance of getting published (anyone?), but every time I pick up a book by this guy realize how woefully inadequate I am...sheer genius.
Take a guess...I'll answer in an hour or a day...y'all have a great Labor Day weekend!
18 comments:
Definitely your kind of style. I cheated but found a site with a rare photograph of the author, wearing a dress and hugging a cat . . something not quite right about THAT!
I am going to go out on a limb and say Edgar Allen Poe??
I agree with Baino, this is your style. When I read works from folks such as William Wordsworth, I feel woefully inadequate as well. You should never feel that way really though, with all that corn and all.
I don't know, but I like it! Have a lovely weekend!
I adore Mark Twain. What a lovely treasure to follow you home.
Ambrose Bierce?
Baino...you're kidding!
Otin...oops, your limb broke.
Liza...I'll put Wordsworth on my short list, and have some corn.
Megan...my weekend will not be my own, but will be filled with family and food, perhaps even a beer or two.
Willow...you're one of those well read book worms I was talking about, and an excellant poet.
ArtSp...I didn't know Ambrose Bierce was American, another one i'll have to look into.
scratching "wear a dress and hug a cat" off my list for the weekend...lol.
a very cool find and i hear you in its words...hope you enjoy that weekend!
I believe it never makes sense to compare yourself to your favorite author. I mean really - there will always be those who are better writers and those who are not nearly as good.
Write, please? And publish??
I love Poe. When I was about 10-14 years old. He was one of the authors I read constantly. We found some record albums at the library that had stories like the Tell Tale Heart on them and my friends and I would put on little plays to them. We loved doing it!
OK...glad for all the comments, and the big weiner is...Willow guessed correctly...but i'd love to see that picture of the author wearing a dress and hugging a cat, is that for real?
Reya, if i EVER get published i will wear a dress and hug a cat, but only because MT did it first.
btw, the book is 'Letters from the Earth.'
what a treasure to find this book!!
not one of sam's better known books....aka mark twain!!
i took a course in college on twain, one of my favorites...after college we moved to connecticut and eventually lived quite close to nook farm...so twain's house was a favorite place to take out of town visitors. you probably know he was a big cat lover and had many house cats, I always wondered if his house was filled with cat fur (like mine tends to get) and if his cats liked to scratch the furniture!
hey you know my em? do I know you???? inquiring minds need to know.
duh....I just realized you were talking about the letter e!!!
a bit dim today, think I need more coffee!!
the cat music picture is great
Mr Twain Rules!
no Mouse, don't know your Em...but the Fort Wayne and the Cleveland are not too distant, so might have crossed paths at some junction...i have been lapping up the MT last few years...he is laugh out loud funny.
lettuce..it is a horribly enduring picture. Kind of remeinded me of James Thurbers horrible sketches...bad but good.
Were you at Hyde Brothers? Or 1/2 Price?
His Adam And Eve are a good read, as is Stormfields (can't remember the rest of it) Trip or something.
Reading more KV right now myself.
Need some levity ; )
Vonnegut, if that's who you are referring to, always good for a laugh...very unconventional writing! Breakfast of Champions is the strangest book i've ever read. I don't remember the name of the shop I bought the MT...but it cost me twice+ the original sticker price of 75 cents!
Post a Comment