The surface tension turnabout
now we slide, a backlog of Newtonian laws
retrospect and derelict
canceled with no explanation.
The moon's got nothing on this
those old black and white pictures
the slow motion
and garbled transmissions—
link to the archives
of technology.
On the surface we slide
a running start combined
with hum and harmony
and spinning we pinball into
concussions and splintered
infrastructures.
Who, we ask, deleted
nature's conventions?
Why, we ponder, the change
in normality. Or did
spend our last quarters
frivolously?
Gas the rotational
machinery. Strap on
the Velcro and dodge
the heretics that cry out
Doom.
Gas up with sugar and coffee pills
and run for your lives.
Stop the babies floating
up to ozone.
Walk for life, stroll
for the planet,
skip for yoursurface.
19 comments:
Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy night!
i am dizzy!! gotta find some surface to lay down on!
wow...loved this. I wish I could write poetry!
Very profound stuff!
I'm just a little bit jealous of your skills:)
Dude...
You just rock.
I especially love the last three lines!
i like th thought of strapping on velcro! smiles.
this one gave me a pinball feeling...i like it.
This was great...fast paced...I managed to keep up...with the help of some sugar and coffee pills!
Tom, great writing. I like it alot. Especially these lines:
"with hum and harmony
and spinning we pinball into
concussions and splintered
infrastructures."
Happy TT.
well i have to admit i don't really get this but like it.
Your illustrations are intriguing, partly explained by your words. But I feel I'm missing something important.
These images are incredible. I keep staring at them, trying to understand what I'm looking at. Ghosts? Stoplights? Astronauts and space probes?
Slippin' and slidin' on the surface tension of your mind. Wow!!
just some photos i took from inside my porthole!
OOh Tom, pretty deep for you. Excellent poem I love 'spinning we pinball into concussions and splintered infrastructures' very apt given the current Haitian situation. Sorry I'm so late catching up. Just now doing the rounds. Cheers :)
I keep hearing The Who's Penball Wizard playing in my head:)...Very fast paced poem and full of a lot of energy.
Very involved and interesting take on "surface" Happy TT
the velcro bit made me last
it was all rather sellotape and string, wasn't it? scary
I really like it Tom!Nice one!
Post a Comment