Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Polka Dot Cinquain continuation blah blah blah....

...those who don't know or have forgotten, a cinquain's
scheme is such: 2, 4, 6, 8, 2.
& it doesn't need to ryhme...
give it it a try sometime.

Now I
Needing a drink
Once that I realize
That Jack and I are one the same
Our Eyes

Seeing
Inside myself
The past is now so clear
Atrocities stowed deep within
Hold dear

The knife
What drew my blood
The blade shone with the light
Of moonlight twinkling in the night
Above.

Our eyes
Not yet aligned
They saw two separate things
One saw a frightened girl alone
With rings

The pair
Inside my head
Looking back to the house
Scurried oer the flaking panes like
A mouse

Now I
Venture among
Pictures that float before
My face that merge like polka dots
And more

Collections
That I have kept
Inside that house of pain
Need adding to so here I go
Again...

19 comments:

JeffScape said...

Er oh... what happens if you're one who pronounces "realize" in two syllables?

Am I not qualified to read your cinquains??? Am I not qualified???

Brian Miller said...

please qualify jeff and make him feel better. smiles.

an intriguing realization...to see inside oneself may be quite the scare...a house of pain needs a little cleaning...

happy polka dotted TT tom!

Tess Kincaid said...

Delicious rhythm here, in your polka dot cinquain!

Reya Mellicker said...

Blah blah blah? Maybe ... dot dot dot??

Seems your fever has spiked, so maybe you'll be on the mend, eh?

Fabulous psychedelia!!

Baino said...

OH very clever and those what speak proper English pronounce realise (no 'z') as three syllables.

Snuck the polka dots in there too! Cheer up Chook. It's not all bad!

Mike said...

You know me, I can't figure it out!

Every day I come home to a house of pain! LOL!

Anonymous said...

I see a lot of meself in the second cinquian...but the pain is eased with the passage of time...

The Clever Pup said...

niiice.

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

Me thinks it is easier on the psyche to look OUT rather than IN! OUCH!

Alan Burnett said...

Thanks for the introduction to cinquains. Very clever indeed.

Candie said...

Really nice piece of work!

Ed & Jeanne said...

I consider all houses a house of pain...they require maintenance...

Stephanie said...

Boy, what I don't know about poetry forms...

Happy TT

Anonymous said...

Well done!

~Angela

Coffee Messiah said...

Quite the reflection!!!!!

mouse (aka kimy) said...

just scurrying through like the mouse I am....

radical tt contribution!!

dot on!

Betsy Brock said...

Well, thanks for the reminder of what a cinquain is. Creative Writing in college was a looong time ago! LOL!

tony said...

I didnt know what a Cinquain was! [*blushes*]

now I do. Thank You For My Edumication!

lettuce said...

love the house illustration
marvellous