Friday, January 29, 2010

boring weekend blog

I've been meaning to thank Jeff at this place for the outrageous review he put up some time back.

I guess he does this from time to time, and that's cool. It's his gig, he can do what he wants after all!

He's a Chargers fan, but everyone has their quirks and I guess this one is forgivable.

His blog is terrific, as many of you can and will attest; those who don't know are sure to be converted, possibly by mind controlling methods. More on that, later....

Jeff wrote (of Half-Moose with a Twist):
Half-Moose with a Twist - think Dr. Suess and Shel Silverstein, but with an older target audience and a small dose of cocaine. Irreverently funny writing - sometimes poetry and sometimes prose - combined with at-first-glance cute, at-second-glance insane artwork makes for as enjoyable an experience as one can have perusing blogs. Why this place is one of the Internet's best-kept secrets rather than one of the Internet's most popular landing sites is beyond me. Perhaps people don't "get it," but I think that's the point. I don't get it, and I love it!

You personally might find this statement to be a bunch of bull, or just outright lies, but I agree with most of it, except the cocaine part--of which I've never partook, but I did eat some Elmer's Glue once, and of course Play-dough. Anyway, thanks Jeff, and keep up the horror, spice, intrigue...and irreverence!


a lovely love poem, for the hell of it,

Mobial

Here's to you
My battering ram of hatred
A buffetful of ire
Spiraling dervishes of red hot loathing.
Zealicious malice,
Stomping ranting piles of rancor.
You counter,
Spreading about rumors of joy.
A jest and warm intentions,
Some mushy moment retold with glad tears.
Your kisses melt my doubts
For a day.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Stomping ranting piles of rancor"

Heh, heh...

I think Jeff has you spot on but I'm not sure there's any cocaine involved. Me thinks that little garden gnome maybe slipping you a mickey tho' ;)

Love the Suess-Silverstein connection :)

And still picking up something from Jeff's site, unknown....

Delwyn said...

and hope triumphs...for yet another day...

wherever your creativity springs from it is a blessing...sometimes an indecipherable one ...but one to keep the grey matter charged...

Happy days

JeffScape said...

I wrote that?

Hang on... gotta wipe my nose.

Heh.

Baino said...

Tom you know that Jeff is a good guy with a good eye. He reads for a living, writes for a hobby and you're definitely a national treasure! You doodle me delightful on a daily basis! And I sometimes even understand what you're saying. He forgot to mention Toby. I thought we were having a birthday party this weekend? Should I post doggy style?

Tom said...

Hi Helen...I'll be back with Toby Birthday pics today. Glad you remembered! ...you say i doodle you daily.....WHAT!!!!?

Reya Mellicker said...

What a great review! He explains it perfectly, though I would replace "cocaine" with "mild hallucinogenic."

Your poem is great - so powerful, wow.

Not boring at all! None of it.

Unspoken said...

That is one of the most whimsical reviews I have ever read (well minus the cocaine part, a little Alice in Wonderland maybe)! Very nice.

The poem was worth the visit alone!

ArtSparker said...

Getting into unique territory with that love poem. It's wonderful to be recognized - that's why we create, isn't it?

Brian Miller said...

ah, but you play it so well. always love the whimsy...and rumors of joy of course.