Saturday, January 2, 2010

Death and a Salad


Hamoree construed a nifty hat trick
but in application achieved slightly
less than perfection,
hanging on an aglet.
Aseat the auditorium
the audience went agog
as the acrobat's daring do
verged on the brink of awry foul,
askance he double dip flipped into a
rare plummeting maneuver,
never attempted as it was
without precedent and stupidly fatal.
A later version of the hat trick
was performed by one of
the same gene pool—except with
fire crocodiles and a screeching row
of upended chainsaws—mostly
attaining like results,
differing in
splashes of color and wetness.
In this the family Hamoree
amassed significant fortune,
owing to sellout crowds and
the dismembership of unlucky
kin—mostly
limber cousins looking lively
in leotards, but
lite on brain composition.
A return engagement dreamed
by hairball promoters
pairs up former Hamorees,
propped and jury-rigged
with tape staples and epoxy
in a Vegas spectacle
worthy of Vesuvial nightmares.
Seating is limited and lithograph
Hefty sacks are numbered,
only the most encumbered
are expected to attend,
and a pristine snow is
scheduled for the backdrop—oh boy
what a roaring slip sliding
time to be alive!

13 comments:

Skip Simpson said...

Sounds like a great act!

Baino said...

You been tossing the salad again? (I was going to call you a tosser but it sounded a bit rude!) I actually have seen live chainsaw juggling . . very tense moment I can tell you fortunaely no wetness ensued!

Tom said...

i can juggle three balls, but i'll leave the chainsaw in the garage...no joke!

ArtSparker said...

I aspire to have as much fun as these winged calligraphs

JeffScape said...

I think this is closet Hamoreeism. Are you a Hamoreeist?

Brian Miller said...

the flip over the chainsaw aligators made me think of mickey mouse...and when daisy and minnie were ice skating...i do enjoy acrobats...

lettuce said...

vesuvial nightmares indeed.

I have the Age of Wonder on my to-get list, is it good?

Anonymous said...

You went to see Circe De Soleil?

Tom said...

Jeff, definetly not. I am afraid of alligators and leotards especially. I am only a documentor of the words and images(that live in my head)

Tess Kincaid said...

Slip sliding awaaaay! Did I miss the salad?

Ed & Jeanne said...

Tossing the salad sounds much more inviting than tossing the cookies...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Candie said...

And that one too!Really cool!I like the last illustration :)