
The cuckold finch
An urban myth
Snarks with a word,
A subliminal wink.
Messaged in youth
It was Gauguined
When most susceptible
And intra-wired
With glue and feathers.
Indoctrinating its young
The cuckold finch
Makes friends
Out of enemies
Then socially bombards
The SOB’s, turning
Pillow cases into
tainted glycerin,
A blast into statement.
Its web feet
Stem the tide
Fulfilling hornet dreams
Thrumming in V’s
Led by
The cuckold finch

Triumphant in disguise,
Pointedly puncturing
A rapid stinger reset.

one note: last week I avoided squishing a woolly worm on the Greenway, noticing his orange band stretched nearly from head to tail...
prediction?
From a couple searches I have ascertained this means we will have a mild winter.
Well, we'll see--as the temps here have fallen pretty rapidly...it is almost as if October was passed over entirely for November!
picture by Shitao on Flickr.
9 comments:
Yes they are saying that here too!Will it snow or not?Mont Blanc is so beautiful covered of it.I thought your lines and illustrations were wicked as usual.Have a nice day :)
I hope we do have a mild winter!
I love your poetry :)
i imagine we will have a mild one as unpredictable as the weather is getting..."Makes friends
Out of enemies
Then socially bombards
The SOB’s, turning
Pillow cases into
tainted glycerin,
A blast into statement."
Love that line...hope you are having a great weekend!
I am SO into woolly this week.
Dunno Tom. Round my area the wooly caterpillars are being seen with big black bands. We are being let on to brace for a rough winter...
Sorry to hear about your impending winter woes, T.P....after our last winter (cold, icy, windy, wet and downright miserable) we would welcome a mild winter. Hope yours isn't too awefully dreadful.
That last pic almost looks like the hedgehog that visits every night outside my apartment!
I love the Word "Thrumming". In my hometown we have a place called THRUM HALL.'Thrum 'is a term they used to use in the wool weaving factories here.
I just hope we get snow! TONS of snow.
"Thrumming in V’s"
I really love that line!
Great work Tom.
Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment