Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Bummer and more Questions ?

...can't get into my documents, can't operate my printer/scanner, can't run a virus scan, can't figure this out; what's even scarier is that the Grooliog refegees from Ursa Minor are on their way and killer whales are secretly developing weapons of mass destruction--disguised as herrings. So do i take a chance and fix this 8 year old clunker or go out and get new? I mean, we're all doomed anyway...what to do, what to do!!!!
...driving fast will get you there quicker--good luck with that.

17 comments:

Brian Miller said...

ha. love the doodles. driving fast may get you somewhere quicker, it just may not be where you intended if the Grooliogs catch up with you...

hope th computer problems are solved soon...ack!

Tess Kincaid said...

Buy new. And quick before those killer whales, er, herrings swallow you up!

Anonymous said...

Huzzah! I can access this bloggo! Hey Tom, I think this is what got in my system( still trying to oust it ). Library PCs'r th' pits! great doodles :)

@Brian and Willow, I still cannot access your bloggos from the library :( and don't know when/if mine will be up and running. ***SIGH***

ArtSparker said...

The driving faster illo reminds me of a dream I has last night..in a yikes-y way.

I feel your pain - I made my previous machine gasp along for almost ten years.

Tom said...

Subby...glad t see you back...in some form or another...

there are a couple blogs i can't get into either, but most are accessible. Working now on transferring as much data as i can before totally cleaning this PC or dumping it, but some files are gone forever, i fear.

hope to have you back with us soon.

Baino said...

Haha . .love your drawings today! That Salty looks familiar! 8 years old? Probably time for retirement. Then I'm using a 7 year old Mac, not for much more than the internet but the old girl is still motoring along. The Dell, also 7 years old is relegated to a website 'test' environment! Time for a newbie methinks! A herring you say?

india flint said...

faced with that challenge last year
i went all out and got myself a shiny new Apple
couldn't face 'vista' [which is Latvian for 'chicken'...what is a chicken doing dabbling in electronics?]

Mike said...

I KNOW that you are not asking me for computer advice? HAHA!! My advice: go to Best Buy!

Tom said...

iNdi...sounds like Apple might be the way to go, but my wife has PC at work, and she does some work at the home comp, so best to go that way; ALSo, having trouble getting to your blog(and a couple others)...will make it over as soon as i get fixed up.

Baino and Subby seem to be steering me to a new comp...and i think that is the right path; just have to bite the bullet.

Harnett-Hargrove said...

What to do, what to do... let me know what you do... I have an eight year old clunker, too.

Reya Mellicker said...

Go get yourself a Mac. I think you'll be amazed when you see how much has happened during the last eight years in terms of computer technology.

Wow!!

Candie said...

All around everyone seems to have computer problems!Is it the rise of the machines?!Cool illustrations!Hope your problems will be solved soon.

Michael Lockridge said...

For just a handful of ducats you can get a wind-in-your-hair fast rig. Go for new. Eight years is a long life for a computer. Have it bronzed, put it up in an honored place, and move on.

Meanwhile, I will keep an eye on the sea. Orcas Orc just off shore, at times. I shall keep watch.

tony said...

Bring In The New:Bring Out Your Dead.

Anonymous said...

Tom,I picked up an old HP Pavilion( hey, it was free! )But the kids that had it used it for gaming, so it'll take a bit to put it back to "Subby Standards", ahyuck! And at least I have some spare parts now~LOL!

Tom said...

Subby, does this mean you will be up and running again soon?

I am hoping to upgrade here in the next week...until then i am on a bit of a blogger vacation...a slow down at least.

Anonymous said...

Tom, enjoy your vacation! And I still need to get the security 'ware for the "new" PC( it's been "cleaned" ). PAYDAY!I can get it, then ( hopefully )back in the bloggy-sphere...