Madness, say thy name!And the cinquain continues…for those who not know or remember, the structure of a cinquain is 2 syllables, 4, 6, 8 and then 2 again. The verse does not need to rhyme, but why not! This is part 4 or 5...the last installment is here.
I dreamed
I’m in a room
and all the things I kept,
with my collection of keepsakes
I slept.
I’m in a room
and all the things I kept,
with my collection of keepsakes
I slept.
Awake…
Open my eyes
And there behind my back
His arms raised high above his head
Was Jack.
Open my eyes
And there behind my back
His arms raised high above his head
Was Jack.
Away
He did not see
That I had come about
And while he wove about a knife
I shout.
He did not see
That I had come about
And while he wove about a knife
I shout.
Attack
And so I did,
As he was unaware
Even before I had my wits
The scare!
And so I did,
As he was unaware
Even before I had my wits
The scare!
Whirling
Jack spun about
Ethereal he glowed
And into my hurling body
He flowed.
Jack spun about
Ethereal he glowed
And into my hurling body
He flowed.
The blade
That Jack once held
Protruded from my side
And as he was nowhere to see
I’d hide.
That Jack once held
Protruded from my side
And as he was nowhere to see
I’d hide.
This ache
Was quite intense
Fell back upon the floor
Retracted knife out from my rib
And roared.
Was quite intense
Fell back upon the floor
Retracted knife out from my rib
And roared.
It’s strange
Then how I felt,
The soreness quickly passed
The lightening bugs flew back to me
At last.
Then how I felt,
The soreness quickly passed
The lightening bugs flew back to me
At last.
I gazed
About the room
The shelves nailed on the wall,
And everywhere were bottles, jars,
All full.
About the room
The shelves nailed on the wall,
And everywhere were bottles, jars,
All full.

Touching
My collection,
The odors in my place
The memories I had of her,
Her face….
My collection,
The odors in my place
The memories I had of her,
Her face….
21 comments:
WOW Tom!WOW!Just WOW!Love that post a lot!Amazing illustrations too!But..when you came with Jack and the knife,thanks God Queen came to the rescue to chase away Tori,otherwise..yep I know it's already thursday!Crazy uh?
Aww was that your life flashing before your eyes? I'm glad it was a dream . .
oh love it, a fun little jaunting story...will jack come back? hope you have a great thursday tom!
Tom, awesome! And I must confess to never having tried to write a cinquian. Happy TT :)
Whoa! That was pretty awesome!
"Touching
My collection,
The odors in my place
The memories I had of her,
Her face…."
I love those words, and how they flow. Crazy cool doodle!
Corn.
I love your collection. Cinquain has such a charm.
I never heard of that style of poetry! I learn something new every week through these themes! I enjoyed that, and the accompanying pictures! Great job, and happy TT!
Wow, this is truly fabulous. Yes, why SHOULDN"T they rhyme? That is, if the writer is as good as you are!
Love that first drawing; I have definitely felt time's arrow shoving me ahead this way.
Bravo!!
Great! That was different & fun! I have yet to try one of those myself.
I love your illustrations and I'm so glad that this was but a dream...Happy TT.
A ghost that tidies up...in a somewhat terrifying manner, admittedly. That's a different sort of haunting.
I love that... And I love how you make your poems into art. You are very talented and always entertaining.
Still the creative guy. Not bad for a hoosier ; )
This was brilliant! Really! Bravo!
That was great, but I am tired and having trouble with the meaning!? I am honest at least!!! :)
Jack sounds like quite a terror!
I could not even ATTEMPT a cinquain.
Your drawings have a way of producing more details the longer I look at them.
Otin:
i suppose i will have to provide a backstory to the next one of these... suffice to say, the protagonist has wandered into a haunted house and is trying to escape...it helps to go back and read the last cinquain.
Absolutely brilliant!
This ache
Was quite intense
Best description of a knive wound EVER! :D
oh very nicely done!
whats in the jars though?
Post a Comment