Monday, August 31, 2009

insufferable

Cloaked diagonally
in a latticework
of string
or any old fluff
a wire hung engine
powered into debris
the impulse to ignore,
thus idling for one hundred years
the oddity that snaked
from over rooftops
to settle in our yard.

An unmovable obstacle
the Oddity remained,
ignoring as my own
suffered its existence.

At its epoch
then the thing poked
surveyors from under
grimy refuse
and a green cord
slithered through
the weeds
into the family plot,
draining the
dessicated essence
from our descendants.

Powered by an agent
undiscovered by
human incredulity,
the Oddity
could now begin again
its hold on
ignorant bliss,
realizing a morphology
to the sloth
and beyond;
the divan of immobility.










15 comments:

Baino said...

Hmmm I have an 'oddity' waiting for resurection under our bonfire. It began as a bicycle frame but is now quite something else!

Brian Miller said...

at least it seems to believe in recycling...

Tess Kincaid said...

"Morphology to the sloth" is what summer does to me.

Lisa Ursu said...

Cheers to that Willow.
"Morphology to the sloth"
Classic!

Tom said...

...aye; but summer seems to be winding down: this is the time of year I try to cram in everything that I've been putting off the last 3 months! No time for idling now...

Anonymous said...

"Idling for a hundred years"? That'll get you a ticket for sure in my state-LOL! And I swear that second drawing looks like my mind..on a good day-HA!

Tom said...

hey Subby--there does seem to be a little grey matter in that conglomeration of stick and mud! Please let's keep our brains a little more tidy!

Anonymous said...

Arrrr! 'Tis a bit too late for that, says I! Why I sho--gak! hurck...ugh!

Sorry 'bout that Tom; bloody pyrate got loose again-LOL! You were saying?...

Harnett-Hargrove said...

Strong words. I love the in-side-out human drawings. -J

tony said...

The Speed Of Ages.

Tom said...

Earth calling Mr. Subby...we have a nice white little padded box for you to rest in...see how nice it is? Here, I'll put a cookie in there on a pretty napkin...see how nice it is. Nothing sharp, all comfy and bright!

Anonymous said...

Tom, tryin' to temp my tummy with a cookie?-LOL! Dino-hand put you up to this, didn't he?

Tom said...

take no notice of the sinister Dinosaur Hand with his tiny sledgehammer... he is hunting snipes; he has no interest in snarky pirates. Doesn't the cookie look yummy?

Anonymous said...

Tom, look what Dinosaur Hand caught!( takes cookie and makes escape... )HA-HAAA! Fast as fast can be! You'll never catch me!

Reya Mellicker said...

What a cool version of Rip Van Winkle! Damn you are so clever, Tom!