for you right now
a continuation
of former post Rooftop Cinquain
enjoy:

I froze
As some devil-
-Ish feeling like fingers
Brushed over my skin into my
Innards.
Thru the
window stood the
evil menacing 'goyle
so 'twas no escape out that way
knew I.

And just
as I felt my
deepest despair, the cloud
cover broke and a ray melted
my fear.
Still yet,
cautious I turned
to flee this hellish hole
just to see that light had made my
Shadow!

Evil
as this house was,
a thing so benign as
a Shadow now became a threat
to all.
I did
scramble away
finding the staircase whole
encountering no resistance
this time.
Egad!
For from behind
I felt a wisp of dusk,
and as I set my foot upon
the tread...
My dark
materialized there;
so tripped I did upon my own
dark foot.
Falling,
I reach-ed out
felt vainly to the rail,
tho the banister was absent-
oh woe!

22 comments:
Tom, great continuation! And the shadows are a riot! Happy TT :)
Tom, This is so very wonderful. I love the topsy shadows and confusion of....you have to have light to see your shadow side. -Jayne
Oh, this is fabulous. Your drawings made me laugh out loud! I like how if you're really familiar with them, you call them "goyles".
ah, amazing...the faster you run the closer he follows...doodles, great as always.
"My darkdoppelganger materialized there;so tripped I did upon my own dark foot." I love that.
Great continuation indeed!
(is Festive going to return?)
Haha . .I love your shit. It's really off the wall and the drawings are very, very cool. I wish I could be as creative. I'm feeling very wan . .or is that one . . or won . .ok I'll go now. I'm feeling a little like the shadow of my former self.
To Go Beyond A Shadow IS GOOD! No Doubt!
Thanks Jayne, great site, yours.
Yes Willow, i have the 'Goyles over for hotdogs and beer every tuesday night.
Brian...he better keep up, I'm not stopping (right away)
Subby...shadows, as you proved, can be a lot of fun.
Liza...I now take requests! But I hadn't thought of Festive..will have to go back and look her up.
Baino...get well soon.
Tony...how you twist words up so!
Oh no! What happens next??
I love your drawings. In fact I love it all!
Wicked!Love it!:)
Love the drawings!
The drawings are wonderful, and so are the words. "Egad! For from behind
I felt a wisp of dusk" Great stuff
The goblins will get you if you don't watch out!
Uh oh...couldn't the banister have had a shadow you could grab?
Loved this...and the drawings were just great! :)
Great post! And I love the little toons, too!
I love those drawings!!!!
Hehehe. I love your creativity and your drawings. All very cute!
I like that last one very much!
This is great.
I remember seeing a movie with Kim Darby in which evil little creatures lived under her stairs and finally dragged her under. Creepy.
Wonderful... love it :)
my first visit here and what a treat ...
best wishes
Ribbon
Your posts amaze me everytime!
xoxo
I could trip over my own shadow. Good poem-y thing.
Post a Comment