Thursday, June 11, 2009

Theme Thursday : Swing !

Swing, swing, swing….
Agh,
Nausea, nauseas, dizzy, spinning…
Jump from the swing, land, roll,
Lay spread eagled
Like a defrocked Eskimo
In the throes of a snow angel.
photo: Briantmurphy on flickr

23 comments:

Tess Kincaid said...

I love the line "Like a defrocked Eskimo".

Swinging never gave me motion sickness, thank goodness. :D

Fab photo, too.

Tom said...

I've been going through the TT list...has anyone come up with the quote from 'Signs'? "Swing Away, Merril" ?

Brian Miller said...

great post and amazing pic! ahh to be laying there making snow angels in the mulch looking at the blue skies while your stomach regains control...so you can go back for more!

Wings1295 said...

hahahaha - very cute!

Betsy Brock said...

I had completely forgotten about jumping off the moving swing! So fun...and gave my parents a fright every time! Never got hurt...just that thrill of doing something kinda scary as a kid!

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

Spectacular photo! Oh to jump off a swing NOW and land unhurt!!

Ronda Laveen said...

Loved the "defrocked Eskimo in the throes of a snow angel" line. Fun, fun, fun.

Mrsupole said...

I remember the thrill of jumping off the swing, luckily I never broke anything, because we would jump from fairly high up there. Scared our parents to death and so we finally had to quit. But I did get kicked in the head by one sister, had stitches put in and still have the scar to remind me to be safe on a swing.

This was cute and I really liked it.

Thank you and God bless.

tony said...

Sweet Sole Music!

Liza B. Gonzalez said...

The only time that I enjoyed being nauseous was during childhood. Why is that? Great poem and love love the pic. Did you take it?

Anonymous said...

That pretty much described my formative years!

Roy said...

Yup, that pretty much describes it. Oh to be a kid again, huh?

Baino said...

GAH I loved the movie Signs . .hope someone does it. Nah, never got sick swinging either! Mind I've never swung in the snow!

Anonymous said...

Whoosh! Just a few short lines and I'm a kid again. You really captured the endless-energy-for-fun of kid-ness! What it's all about. Excellent.

Tom said...

no, picture's not mine...credit is mentioned in url if you float your mouse over the pic, or click on it.

The Silver Fox said...

Great perspective in that photo, no matter who took it. ;-)

Loved the attitude of the poem, too.

Anonymous said...

I like to do the "twister" (tho' Princess needs a bit of practise, as she can't manage to get the swing to twist round...yet )...

Candie said...

Really nice Tom!Simple and just great!;)

Reya Mellicker said...

Oh yeah!

Danielle said...

Such an awesome pic! Amazing DOF. I hope to get some shots like this when I get my DSLR. Nice blog too!

Whoistin-tinandsnowy? said...

Hi! Tom,
Nice post, nice pix and nice description of what can occur on a swing if you spin to fast!...I guess?!? and what occurs after you jump off the "swing" immediately!
Thanks, for sharing!
DeeDee ;-D

Tom said...

thanks DeeDee, sorry, i couldn't get into your blog, it's closed to me...but i thought i'd been there before?

Reyjr said...

a snow angel without snow. :) hehe!