Dinosaur Hand: I didn't understand the Man who ate Goats!Tom: No! Dino, the movie is called “Men who stare at Goats”.
D.H: yea, and the goat infarcted and got all ate up, I presume.
Tom: And that's your take on this movie?
D.H: Why don't you laugh at 'infarction'?
Tom: It's not funny...anyway, this movie starred George Clooney, Ewan McGregor, Jeff Bridges and Kevin Spacey.
D.H: ...among others.
Tom: The funny thing is, normally I don't much care for George Clooney, because he's a smarmy dope who mostly plays himself. In this movie everyone else played themselves and George actually acted—it was a breath of fresh air.
D.H: Are you saying you haven't succumbed to the charms of George Clooney?
Tom: Do I think he's 'dreamy'? Um, sorry, I'm sort of in the other camp, Dino.
D.H: Just 'sort of'?
Tom: Shut up, measly appendage. Anyway, The Men... was a quirky movie about the ridiculous ways the government will spend your money and had crazy characters and nothing quite worked out for any of them in the end...
D.H: ...but there was a happy ending, because (spoiler alert) the goats got away!
Tom: Ha, yeah. I guess there was that.
D.H: And an asteroid crashed into the desert and started a huge sandstorm that lasted forty days and forty nights, and grasshoppers ate out their eyeballs and the rivers turned red!
Tom: Um, did you end up watching The Ten Commandments the other night?
D.H: uh, huh, all 6 hours of it. And I ordered you an Ab Cruncher. You can thank me later.
10 comments:
ha. DH just made my night...have heard quite the mixed reviews on GOATS...think i may pass..unless there really is an asteroid...
Haha! God bless late night infomercials, without them the movie would be over in a heartbeat. Yeh but did you like the movie? I agree re George Clooney, looks up from under his eyebrows the broody bastard.
it's a quirky movie, and probably worth a look for a buck or two...gets an 'eh'
I had Goat Curry once .It was horrible ,although Clooney Curry would probably have tasted even worse.........
yay, Dinosaur hand!
yeah, I enjoyed Men and Goats.
Also liked Clooney in O Brother.
And have also eaten goat curry, and it was great.
This movie is in our queue at netflix. Thanks for the warning though.
Don't care for George Clooney either, Don't even get what the big deal is about him to be be perfectly honest. Still, he acted here, did he? I need to sign up again for Netflix. A cheep thrill.
That's a really nice and innovative way to write a movie review! Good going, friend!
I'd take Heston in a wig any day over Clooney.
Hehehe. I kinda liked the film, but I watched it after having been introduced to the source material.
Post a Comment