Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Thursday is a Ten !!!

TEN (10) X 1+9 11-1 ten ten ten Ten TEN !!!!!!!

Hang on to your hats, which if you are frugal you buy in 10 packs,
For ten is the word and the number of digits on the average hand,
And it is a polygon, more precisely a decagon , which is like a stop sign or the Pentagon, only more so.

Ten is a lot of things incomprehensible to anyone but very brainy nerds and geeks:
It is the aliquot sum of only one number the discrete biprime 14... What?
It is a semi-meandric number… Huh?
It is the number of limbs on a decapod crustacean… OK, I can see that.
Ten X Ten = One Hundred, and Ten Squared is One Billion Billion Millions… I think.
The Roman Numeral X is the sum of two Roman numeral V’s stuck together, all catawampus. Roman numerals are very confusing.


Some other worldly Tens:

十,拾, י , ១០, 십, ๑๐, १०! Neat-O!
Ten backwards is neT, or 01, which are both something other than 10.





Ten is significant in other meaningful ways, such as:



The Ten plagues on Egypt in Exodus,
The Ten Commandments, an excellent action adventure movie starring Clint Eastwood, who had a ten-shooter, instead of a Six-shooter.
Ten is the number of cents in a dime, which is worth less than 10 cents, incidentally.
The number of pins in Bowling is Ten!
Ludwig Von Beethoven composed Ten violin sonatas, and they were great, because he said so… always believe what a man with a funny name says or he may become violent.
The atomic number of Neon is Ten.
On a scale of one to Ten, Ten is the best. Unless it is an inverted scale, or if the thing being rated is based on a scale of best to worst or cleanest to dirtiest or nicest to creepiest, or relatively normal to complete eye-bugginess, or any number of other stuff that also makes no sense.
Supposedly Bo Derek was a Ten, but on a scale of one to Ten, her acting skills were more like a Two. A number two…you know, poo. Also she had 8 less than 10 glorious oh-my-gollys.
Ten is in digit form (10, if you weren’t sure) composed of the two binary digits ( 1 & 0) which are used in programming and stuff.
Ten is not the loneliest number. It is a happy and fulfilled number.
There are Ten little Indians, Ten kinds of cheese, Ten big fat Hens, Ten reasons to stop smoking, Ten dollars in my pocket, Tennessee Titans, Ten of swords, Ten most wanted, top Ten lists, and that’s everything, completely…


Oh, and Ten, being one more than 9.

Oh
,My
Word
Until
Peni’s
Whales’
Blowhole
skies high
Will we go
Exponential

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty cool! Well done. Oops, gotta go! It's 10 o'clock( or 22.00 )and time for my 10 cup pot o' coffee, for work :)

Kris McCracken said...

A ten shooter would sort the men out from the boys...

Colette Amelia said...

Now that is a whole lot of ten!

I need a rest now!

Megan said...

I might not visit any other posts after this. Chaos over here!

Have you read Jasper Fforde, he has an alien on the Nursery Crime Squad that speaks in binary......

Michael Lockridge said...

Oh! Another place run by someone who knows that words are fabulous playthings!

I shall follow, yes I shall!

mike

Ronda Laveen said...

I find ..."the aliquot sum of only one number the discrete biprime 14" to be quite erotic. I like the dirty speak.

Candie said...

Really cool post Kris!
It's nice to see people with enthousiasm and energy.Nice work.

Reya Mellicker said...

I just love the way your mind works. It always makes my brain go all semi-meandric.

Ten is the end but also the beginning, if you follow the unity, duality, harmony, ground, change, perfection, challenge, response, and completion format for 1-9.

What I'm saying is, your blog is the be all and end all. Your blog is a TEN!!

Brian Miller said...

wow. well done. love the doodles as usual. it feels so much more than 10~!

Wings1295 said...

Well, that is a lot of information to take in all at once!

The Clever Pup said...

Well thought out.

Tom said...

Reya, as usual you have some metaphysical twist to top it off with... think I need to apply some of that to my life so i can look further into myself and see the world more like you do...

Numbers really hurt my head, even small ones like 10.

Tess Kincaid said...

I think you're right! This pretty much wraps up TEN! Whew.

tony said...

excellent!

Dakota Bear said...

Ten is a number that has a great influence in life.

Coffee Messiah said...

Wowee, nicely done, as my head spirals out of control ; )

lettuce said...

how witty and entertaining

despite the amount of maths

Cheryl Cato said...

Fun post. Who could think you could do so much with 10...
I do have an eclectic mix of movies and loved every one of them. Thanks for stopping by my place.
Lizzy

Jaime said...

nicely done. loved the drawings

Mrsupole said...

I have had the hardest time getting to your site tonight. Everytime I clicked on, it would shut all my windows down. Then I would have to start all over again. I finally gave up, but persistence evenutally won out, I got here.

So much info about 10, you really researched this number.

Great doodles as usual and a great post.

God bless.

tut-tut said...

Wow! my head is spinning and it's only 5:44 a.m. I like this very much; lots of tangents.

Baino said...

Dear Kris? I thought you were Tom? . .see how easily we Australians are confused by verbosity and nuance. Ah back to the comment - You make me feel very stupid. But I like your doodles. Numbers give me a caniption fit and big words make me Google. And yes, Beau Derek couldn't act but she had great hair!

Tom said...

Baino, i am a little confused, i am Tom, not Kris...numbers also are an enigma to me...calculaters are great...now that you mention it, i do remember the hair...quite unusual but nice.

Jeff said...

I never knew quite how to describe the effect, until now. Semi-meandric! Yup. That's what it is alright.

Anonymous said...

Well you got '10' covered- but I am dizzy now !