Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Slippery When Wet

OK...What's with Water? Are we stucks on the Elements?

Anywho, here's a little water quiz:
Glub glub. I hate that my feet are so heavy now…guess I shouldn’t have skimmed that c-note. Who am I?
.
Here one minute, gone the next…only I’m not really gone, just different…what am I?
.
Say, have you got a second? Btw, love your cage…it’s shiny, so today! Y’know, I get a really bad rap; I’m not so bad once you get to know me…won’t you come out to play? What am I?
.
Ooga, booga…I haven’t any bones, brains, heart, eyes or ears, but I pack one hell of a wallop…don’t touch me! What am I?
.
Hi, I’ve been called a “watery tart” and I collect mythical swords. Who am I?
.
I wear seashells and a tail like a tuna fish, and can sing …usually. Who am I?
.
I love the water. I was born in it and now swim in it and do flips and eat fish… what am I?
.
Hi, I love the water, also too. I was once a little egg, among other little slimy eggs and once born I had a tail then some little arms and legs, then I got up out of the water for a bit…mostly to lounge about and catch flies. What am I?
.
Hi, I love, like, the water, like. And polka dots, and, like, boys and shoes. Hee. What, like, am I?
.
I can stay underwater for a good long time, and I am responsible for more Nile deaths than that overrated crocodile…they are big sissies. What am I?
.
Dooby dooby …I am weird looking…gots two eyes on my one side and can blend in to the lake bed…there’s some scientific term to that...but ,dooby, I can’t think of it…what am I?
.
Hi! I am an otter! Oops, I wasn’t supposed to say that? Okay, I am not an otter… what am I?
.
Boom! I am impressive and loud and a big wind bag! I love to spoil a good picnic. Why? ‘Cause I never get invited! What am I?
.
Hola, I am known for having the qualities of intuition and emotion, and am situated between air and earth. Plato made me famous. What am I?
.
Answer if you care to…there are no wrong answers (because everyone is special and no one should feel bad!) Happy Thursday!

22 comments:

Candie said...

JUST LOVE IT!!!

Great design as well and great "hallucinations" as usual ;)

JGH said...

I'm guessing there is a snake in the Nile river.

Must come back after coffee! (when I'm thinking better...)

Wings1295 said...

I ... don't know! Too many questions, too fast! hahahaha

Great post!

New Yorker wannabes said...

OK that is one big...quiz :)
Love your pictures lol

Happy TT
xoxo

Tess Kincaid said...

Your charming drawings make me smile.

Cuppa Jo said...

Okey dokey, here I go:

a luscious saxophonist
vapors
snow queen to a hockey layer with a silvery mask
lightening
Lady of the Lake
Siren
porpoise
Jeremiah Fisher
A Valley fish, like
Agatha Christie in a swim suit
a baked sand fish
Midge (the otter)
Maleficent, or a thunderstorm
an allegory


I love that we're all special.

The Silver Fox said...

I got most of them.

No, really. Trust me.

Ronda Laveen said...

John Gotti, a wave or Splenda, putty cat trolling for snacks, whiskey, Lady of the Lake or The Craig's List killer's girlfriend having a vengeful moment, Wayne Newton, my husband, Paris Hilton, Nemo, the Geico money-eyes, Otter Pop, my boss, and finally, swine flu. Much fun!

Tom said...

ho, ho... some of your answers were brilliant...much funnier than the actual answers! Truly a bunch of 'special' people.

Ha..i just got the Agatha Christie joke! fantastic.

Dot-Com said...

I got the all, of course, but just so that I can check, maybe you could post the answers *giggles*

Baino said...

Hehe . . got most of them I think except the otter? What is it again? And I love thought you had a potamus in there somewhere with the Nile crocodile!

Tom said...

Dot.com (what is your name?) wanted the answers, so i will give them...close your eyes if you don't want to see:
cement-shoed victim of the mob, evaporation, great white shark, jelly fish, lady in the lake, little mermaid, dolphin, frog, valley girl, hippo, flounder, otter, thunder cloud, water elemental.
But honestly, i like the funny answers best.

Dakota Bear said...

Very good!

The only ones I guess are a siren and a mermaid. Thought one was possibly ice.

Reyjr said...

lol! it was so fun and fast i forgot to answer. lol!

Mrsupole said...

I peeked, but had my guesses already which I got none of them right, I think.

I guessed nothing on the first one.
Steam for the second.
For number three it is a bad rap star.
Number five is a spider web...ugh.
Six is Helen of Troy.
Seven is a siren of the sea.
Eight is Flipper or Shamu.
Nine just had to be a big froggy thing with a large tongue whipping out to catch those flies.
Ten is a puddle in the sun.
For eleven, I first thought of a snake and then I thought maybe an alligator, but I did not think they had any alligators in the nile, so I had to go back to some water snake. I know Cleopatra was killed by a asp, but I do not think they swim, so back to some kind of water snake.
Twelve is that really weird fish with both eyes on only one side of it's body. I have no idea of its name. It is just really weird looking.
Thirteen was a seal, or a walrus. These are close to otters, but not otters.
What spoils a picnic is ants and rain, but loud and impressive could be a really, really loud boom box.
Fifteen just had to be a cloud.

So since none of the answers are wrong here I had to write down my guesses. And since I forgot what the answers were when I peeked, I would have to check again. But since they are all right, I should not, but then I am curious if I got any really correct. So I should not peek, but then again.

Thank you for the quiz. I love quizzes cause I never get any of them right.

God bless.

Tom said...

Yep! Your answers are as good as any! The funny looking fish is a flounder, btw.

DineometerDeb said...

Ok now I know how people feel when trying to do one of my puzzles.

I have no clue...

Megan said...

Sob! Too late, too late and now all the questions are answered. I just got the Christie one, too. Hilarious!

Reya Mellicker said...

I kept hearing "Stormy Weather" in my mind while I read this post. As always your drawings are truly marvelous

lettuce said...

ha! excellent, a top 3 TT Water post

i know some of these
not saying how many

tony said...

Oh Lord! 'Sounds All very Fishy To Me..........one was a dolphin.right?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.