Thursday, April 9, 2009

Now you know the rest of the story...


EGGS !!!

Eggstra, eggstra:

Finally the truth is secured
Of what the question was,

This is it:

Which was it now? The chicken or the Egg?

I have it from a source beyond retribution
That with no uncertain disparity,
And overwhelming with doubtlessness,
That what comed first was unmistakably


The Egg !!!!

Here is the scuttlebutt, sirs and madamses…

From the reproduction units of a prehysterical dinosaurish lady lizard
Was deposited upon some fine dirt in maybe a nest of crackly twigs and stuff
This thing a bit lopsided but oval still,


An Egg.

Our dinosaur lady was surely feathered, and a beaker too..
And the daddy was no horse, but lizarddish in fact
And so it (he) did thus entice his main squeeze to
Procreate.

Imagine the noises, what a scene! They made quite a pair,
Everyone said so.

In an unfortunate twist of economy the first of the ovaloids
Was et all in all by a mammal, whole and unscrambled.
But mother disbanded the rascal and sat on junior for the duration.

Her beau of a matter of business was off squirreling about
And causing general mayhem with similar ladies
But they being of a different feather eked out just more lizard things
Which did then go extinct to be fossil fuels or such.

In no time at all this little egg, for it was commented on as puny
In certain circles,
Rattled about and commenced on cracking open
Which did it emerge then as being tiny and fluffy
Yellow and beyond cute…
An infant chick.

So there it is, from a source at the scene, and passed down over the epochs,
Or mere eons, from one whiskered pest to the next,
To the current rat, with whom I have spoke:
What came first was the Egg,
which then grew up to a chicken…and a tasty snack they are.

27 comments:

Reyjr said...

The chicken came first! :p haha..

Candie said...

Cool.Yeah I think too that the egg came first!btw wicked drawings!The egg machine is awesome.

Brian Miller said...

nice play. love the egg machine!

Tess Kincaid said...

No, the egg machine came first!

New Yorker wannabes said...

That is a never ending question my friend...kinda like "to be or not ot be...that is the question" lol

THe egg machine looks great by the way!!

xoxo

Wings1295 said...

Very interesting! hahaha

Anonymous said...

Oh geez! And here I thought it was the protozoa that came first. Ach! Und zat machina looks like sometink Rube Goldberg would've designed. I think he'd like it! It's too cool :)

tut-tut said...

Wonderful, as always . . . your drawings always surprise me.

Kevin McKeever said...

Eggs-actly.

DineometerDeb said...

Groovy drawing but I can't help but picture my cat trying to climb it to get the bird. : D

Kelsey said...

ahh the question has been answered.
Interesting and funny.

-Kels

CocoDivaDog said...

Gasp!
*clutch mt pearls*
What a nasty bit of prose we have here!
I must return for more.

Lisa Ursu said...

That's one super doodle.
"dinosaurish" I must get that put on a t-shirt.

Baino said...

Well that explains it then . .clear as mud! Or should I say primal ooze

Gary said...

The mystery is solved.

Did you do all this yourself?!

WOW.

Dakota Bear said...

The egg machine is cool. So the egg came before the chicken.

California Girl said...

another incredibly fanciful take on this subject. why did I think writing about the egg would be dull? Really clever.

Megan said...

Tom! The Egg Machine is brilliant! Reminds me of the breakfast machine in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang...

Mrsupole said...

Now it all makes sense, been trying to figure it out for years, dinosaur and lizzardy thingy, egg, then the baby chicken. Yes it all makes sense.

This was really great, had never heard it put that way before. Cool egg machine. Great drawings as usual.

God bless.

Tom said...

Thanks, all...there are so many involved in Theme Thursday, i have not had time to get around to all 40 or so yet...amazing! This week i started at the bottom...still struggling to make it near the top.

lettuce said...

a tasty snack indeed

tho i'm not sure i fancy being overwhelmed with doubtlessness


well, maybe sometimes...


very cool post

Coffee Messiah said...

Clever ; )

Squirrel said...

ovaloids! wonderful drawings... waiting for the full length animated egg feature.

tony said...

A CRACKING POST SIR!

Evening Light Writer said...

I can spend hours contemplating such questions..but I need to go scramble some eggs for breakfast!

Dot-Com said...

Awww that was fun! Egg before chicken. No doubt *grin*

Cuppa Jo said...

The Ooh-Ahh bird is so called because it lays square eggs.