Sunday, April 19, 2009

Further Histories of Pestilence


Following the rule of Aardvark:

Of the demise heaped upon Pasty,
Son of Amoritorius
He that revealed plotted vile of Hastius X,
Know we little
But that he succeeded Aardvark,
Dead of substance abuse; the abuse
Being glutinous abuse of ants.

Poor use of the Porridge subsidy
Amid a failing Depravity
Fed the Pestilent population
Squat,
So a revolution
Spurned by Marsha
Queen of the Pie Plates
Doomed he her paramour
This plucky Pasty,
Buried beneath Demise.

Happenstance of the untimely exit
Of Pasty,
He who knew Marsha
Quite well we have heard,
Hatius X that kept the old ways
In his spare time--
Just a hobby--
Uncovered a second disquiet,
That lied fuming for an age.

But upon a gruel staff
X
Gnarled a famishing repugnance
To the delight of Pestilence
And made him their King.

12 comments:

Candie said...

Now the king of Pestilence!Will have to read more.

Nice drawing!I realise not a long time ago that it was your drawing.It's really cool you know.

Anonymous said...

No, no, no! I see it all now! Hastius X was plotting against Aarvark. The ants were poison!

The rest of this sounds frightfully familiar....b-b-brrrrr!

Tom said...

evil plots & subterfuge & stuff; oh my!

tony said...

"Buried beneath Demise".......I used to know a girl called Denise and...............

Tom said...

Tony...!

Reya Mellicker said...

The drawing reminds me of those nights when I have dream after dream. Waking up, it feels like dream remnants are dangling from the ceiling above the bed.

Tom said...

dreams, dangling like stalagmites, dripping down to my bed, over my waking head....
yikes...hope they're not nightmares!

Anonymous said...

Tom, obscure reference: Torquemada was rumoured to sleep with a sword hanging over his bed, point down. Talk about a night-mare!

Tom said...

I just looked up Tomas Torquemada, and he seems like a fascinating person...in both a good and bad way... also what a name: Torquemada! Sounds like some sort of suped up vegetable!

Anonymous said...

Reference to that reference:"History of the World pt.I"; only Mel brooks could make the Spanish Inquisition funny! Ahem. But I digress...

Tom said...

didn't Monty Python do some funny Spanish Inquisition stuff also? I seem to remember them running around shouting something about the Spanish Inquisition, quite often.

Anonymous said...

Oh yes! You can probably find most of it on youtube (where else?)