Wednesday, January 23, 2013

in flight


archival tape
features various pronunciations of
squee, and eep!
as told by the children
of those who've flown
into the wind with
black devils.
Odd tales, older than your father,
regaled with a drink
of rats on the wing
give chase to squeamish
thoughts
and squirming bums,
where the windows pause for shadows
and light has no taste
for monsters.

5 comments:

Brian Miller said...

ha rats on wing and windows pausing for shadows...well those sound like just the creepy tails we need...smiles.

JeffScape said...

I just spent a minute looking for a "like" button. Ugh.

Baino said...

Oh that's so sad. You're on form Tom. I fear I am not. @Jeff...hahaha...Feels weird to be back on the blogs doesn't it? I barely recognise the back end!

PattiKen said...

Love this. And I'd hang that drawing on my wall. Like I said before, it's lyrical. (I did say that, right? If I didn't, I meant to.)

Dave King said...

Yes, I'm with PattiKen, I'd definitely hang this on my wall. Like the style!