Really, another year has gone by and it's time for the world, no, galactically famous Willow's Ball?!
I'm sooo compelled to attend, but this always ends so badly for me. Dinosaur Hand typically gets me in trouble; all of his pinching and grabbing invariably get me slapped or thrown through a plate glass window. My dates always turn up missing...usually they're in the wine cellar getting it on with someone famous or changing into a bat or something equally icky. Last year Dino drove into the Scioto and my Tuxedo of purple ash leaves washed away and I ended up handcuffed to the banister...
Ah, memories...
Well, my date this year was easy. First I thought to ask the Love Is girl, but as she is anatomically incorrect and there wouldn't be much chance of any wicked fun after the ball, I passed. I was introduced to this perfectly gorgeous pair of legs months ago by our lovely hostess, Willow. My wonderfully quiet date couldn't really say "No," so she'll be at my side all night. Dinosaur Hand will help me keep her close. She can go all night, so please feel free to cut in. I do need to get around to all of the other lovely ladies, though with all of the masks I doubt I'll know who I'm dancing with.
I couldn't decide what to dress as this year, as willow insists on a masked ball. I've got this crazy elephant head, and the trunk is great as it will hold a wine glass and leave the hands free for other stuff...but this being an election year I thought to stay away from anything even remotely political...Drinks and politics don't mix, and Glenn is always about with a sword or muskets...
My unicorn is still at the dry cleaners...
An empty Box on wheels is always a good idea...I guess my date could pull me around and feed me drinks and cookies through a hole.
I'm not good at the costume thing, or masks. I prefer to just be a rug,
or wear a paper bag over my head and tell bad jokes all night long,
or just put my fingers over my eyes.
In the end I've decided to come as an Octopus...that way my many hands will confuse the multitude of guests and nobody will be able to guess which one is Dinosaur Hand. He'll like that...a lot!
Okay, we're on our way...the drive isn't too long from Ft. Wayne, the weather is nice, and we're looking forward to seeing some of our best old bloggy friends, and some new ones as well. Look out for the red Tracker, possibly floating down the Scioto again, Cheers!






15 comments:
haha i love your doodles...the input output box made me chuckle...
charming!
Truly original! Love this...
So sorry, Tom, that my date was rude to your date but probably has something to do with that lace skirt and the blue heels.
He has been sampling the rum Bee sent over from Trinidad.
oh..he slurred something about blue footed boobies...some people just can't take a joke
No sense in taking any of the fun out of it. I just always keep a bit of bail money in my purse.........
:)
Oh! An octopus! I wondered what you meant by your "tentacles"...giggle...D.H. seems to be behaving himself...so far...
I've accepted your invitation to dance, but I've never had EIGHT arms wrapped around me at once. This should be very interesting!
Just inform Ms. Stilletto, I will cut in! I've no choice, being led by all those helping hands,too fabulous for words!
Oh, I'm so sad you didn't choose the elephant! By the way, my elephants might get their trunks a bit out of joint with your two left feet, but it doesn't bother me in the least. So, at the risk of sounding forward, why not dance with me instead?
Great doodles and I'm sure you are as delightful in person. Ms. Stiletto is really something!
Eight arms, eh? That could get interesting. I picture you getting ready for the ball, checking to see you haven't forgotten anything, muttering "Spectacles, tentacles, wallet and watch. Okay. Good to go."
What an enchanting time with you at the ball!
dang - missed the ball this year. did you and reya sneak out to the banks of the scioto for a smoke? hehe
You are nutty, and fruity and now kind fishy
Post a Comment