Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Tom & Dinosaur Hand review...

Tom: I just realized, it's been around 4 months since we've done one of these things, Dino.
Dinosaur Hand: Really? Did we stop watching movies or something?
Tom: You always want to watch reruns of 30 Rock.
D.H: heee! Tracy Jordan was wearing a big claw hand today!
Tom: How about we review two movies tonight? You pick 'em.
D.H: Something frightening for sure, because it's Halloween soon!
Tom: O.K. We just saw Pandorum, and how about Let Me In?
D.H: That Swedish movie? With the Swedish kids? Speaking Swedish?
Tom: Go figure.
D.H: Vampire movie, boo! I really liked the end of it though, with the head and arms and the...
Tom: There was some blood in this movie, Dinosaur Hand. There is also an American version of this, and I've heard that it's good, also...if you don't like reading subtitles. Actually, I liked this movie. The child actors were good in it, and there was enough going on to make it interesting. And yeah, the ending was quite good, and unexpected.
D.H: See It! Add your own explosion noises, because there are no car chases. Nuts.
Tom:Did you like Pandorum?
D.H: Wow, yeah, it was gory and dark and had some monstrous creature things!
Tom: Sure, they reminded me a bit of some sort of Hellraiser/zombie monsters. At the start they were scarier though, filmed in a weird stutter action in the shadows...
D.H: Then they went all hack and slash and kung fu! Awesome. And it was all in space, dude.
Tom: Honestly, I really preferred the first Alien movie to this, nothing beat that for suspense and terror. But this was a decent space flick. You'll have to overlook a lot of technical stuff, but if you're into horror and science fiction, you'll probably enjoy this. It's not great, merely acceptable. The ending is interesting, a neat twist.
D.H: In space, no one can hear you slobber!
Tom: Ridiculous.
D.H: Shut up.

7 comments:

Brian Miller said...

in space no one can hear you slobber...lol

JeffScape said...

I found myself liking Pandorum, as well. As bad as it really is. Hah! I watched it twice!

tony said...

I,ve not seen Pandorum...but the Swedish Film Rocks!

flux biota. said...

I can relate to dinosaur hand...all I want to do is watch reruns of 30 rock. That tina fey sure is a dream boat. sigh.

Baino said...

Aww haven't seen either. I'm so out of the loop these days. Just avoid "Insidious" total crap.

Tom said...

Insidious it is!

Tom said...

Yeah, Tina is a cutey pie...but i kinda dig Alec too...he cracks me up