Monday, October 4, 2010

Get over it! The Fence, I mean...

welcome to theme thursday...

I'm hopelessly on the fence over this topic...
On one side, there is someplace,
and on the other is another.
What's it all mean?
Is the grass really greener
on the other side?

Is gossip juicier when shared
over the fence?

Do good fences make good neighbors?

There are not enough good 'fence'
quotes
, so I am going to make some up.

Get ready for this...

'Fences are like Luck,
they come in different colors.'

'My pappy once told me:
“Don't walk on that fence,
you'll fall and get hurt!”'

'Eat plenty of vegetables and you'll
grow up strong and tall
like Willy's fence.'

'A fence is only as strong
as a bulldog with bad teeth.'

'Don't worry,
I've got a fence for you!'

Abraham Lincoln overheard
talking to a cat:
“Climb down from that
fence, you screeching pus...”
never mind.

'If I've said it once, I've said
it a thousand times...
that damned fence is
full of knotholes!'

Feel free to use any of these exciting 'Fence' Quotations
at your Garden Club Meetings!

Now for a less exciting Collaboration
Cartoon Strip by Moi & Jeffrey at
Irreverent Irrelevance.
Look for more of these in the near future...
if we (by we I mean I)
can get our acts together.

15 comments:

Brian Miller said...

willy's fence...for real?

ArtSparker said...

Sweet, I like the collaboration.

My Momma always told me Life is like a box of fences- some of them are made out of wood, and some of them have barbed wire on the top.

JeffScape said...

Who was Lincoln's cat?

Tom said...

Lincoln's cat
lived under his hat

it sang like a frog
and they named the cat Log.

Lincoln's Log....get it, huh huh?

flux biota. said...

according to the show "home improvement," fences do make good neighbors as long as there is half a face behind it.

Tom said...

you mean Wilson, the soccer ball?

Reya Mellicker said...

OK. En guarde!

The grass is NOT greener, I assure you.

xx

tony said...

"I Apologies If I Give A Fence"

Tom said...

is the much the same everywhere, eh Reya?

oh, Good one Tony.

Baino said...

Ha well you've cheered up in the past few weeks. Lovely quotes and the cartoons class . . more more more. I am being totally intimidated by creative people this week and just going to crawl under the fence for a while.

Harnett-Hargrove said...

Did you make it over?
Nice meander. -J

Unspoken said...

Ahh, nice collaboration! I wonder who did what? But I like it :). As for gossip over the fence. I detest gossipers and there are plenty on my side of the fence. UGH. Maybe the grass is greener :)...??!

Garth said...

Is it a fence to wish you were a wall?

Lisa Ursu said...

the grass is never greener, and if it is, it's fake!

"you mean Wilson, the soccer ball?"
HA!

Tom said...

ha! indeed, now excuse me while i see how i measure up against Willy's fence