I'm not here, ain't an astronaut
never fit into my own skin, really
an alien just visiting, it's a
wonderment, sure, to be living
livin' the dream, eh; whazzat?
Anyway. Got the dimes, paying
the man, up to my ears such as
they is, and that's fitting in
really, ain't it? It don't matter
if you're black or white or an
effin astronaut. You go be a
card carryin' donut fer krisakes.
If ya got a number
if ya into over your head and
swimming in a red sea
then you belong. It's either you're
in the pool, or you in the chair
with a whistle. Shit, I came down
from the outerspace,
didn't I? That's
some news, they never
saw nothing like me
and that's how I was
noticed—never wanted
to be seen. Would've
been like you; admit it,
you thought—no you didn't,
did ya?
You just knew I was
a freak 'cause I wasn't like
you. Or your cronies—
just an astronaut, damn.
Hell I bought into it, the
junk, like anybody. What,
an alien doesn't have to
breath, or eat the dirt?
I gotta go point A point B,
and you sell it, you'll sell
to anything, you'll pack it up
with tin foil and a sticker
shit and sell to any ole kid
or some mad bug eye, won't
ya, then you can buy it, get
your foot up the rung, eh--
well, welcome to the club,
now I is like you—but I
still don't feel it,
and never will.
Tainted and
damaged,
just an astronaut.

12 comments:
Your handwritten page is just too cool. I love your particular brand of quirk.
Channeling Dylan?
same kinda tainted as me...
nice doodle...
Channeling early Bowie?
took my inspiration from the first 3 words, which is from the title of a recent movie:"I'm Not There"
Okay, the art! I want to see it better, in detail. I liked the voice in this. Loved those last six lines a lot as a closer for this.
I don't much like it here. But I'm muddlin' through.
Hmm . . feeling a little not of this planet myself tonight.
you have an interesting brain.
...i don't know about that...it is jello and dryer lint. BTW...got my new print cartridge, so am on my way to printing out a collaboration pic...weeeee.
I am feeling quite inspired by this blog entry--I found you via the lovely and most wonderful Willow. I'm glad I found you!
sweet, double drawings.
Post a Comment