Wednesday, March 10, 2010

ridiculous hat



I wear my hat in a most obsequious manner
for hats do not become me.
My hair is thick
they serve no practical use
do these hats.
My running cap is light
but heavily stained with salty sweat deposits.
My top hat is over heavy
and topples off.
A yellow hard hat
to wear in the ocean
is Nerf as a flotation device;
it attracts toothy sea life.
Hats are a tool for this fool.
My hammer head hat
is clawed for maximum effect.
Affected, some call me,
when I lay on the couch
and pay for advice
in my thinking cap.
For special occasions
I wear my sombrero and dance
la Cucaracha in boxers.
Napoleon in his bicorne
was insane, I prefer the tricorne
so am 50% madder,
if my math is correct,
mad as the Mad Hatter,
thereabouts.

21 comments:

inappropriatesue said...

I loved this. So, dancing in your boxers huh? Nice! I'm up too!
http://inappropriatesue.blogspot.com/2010/03/theme-thursday-hats.html

ArtSparker said...

Watch out for that mercury.

Unspoken said...

Hola Tom!

Una cosa no comprendo

One thing I don't understand, a grown man dancing in sombrero and
la Cucaracha boxers :)!

Brian Miller said...

can you not tell people about that dancing in boxers thing...i was young and dumb...but never had 4 legs like that guy in the pic...

Harnett-Hargrove said...

The illustration match ups are stellar.
Fitful writing, in a good way! -J

human being said...

this made me love them more... mean the hats...

Unknown said...

Lol... indeed Hats are a tool for a fool.

Happy Thursday!

hugs

shakira

HOPE FOR GREAT LAKES NOW!

THEME THURSDAY-HATS

JeffScape said...

Holy cow... your art (always good, by the way) is rockin!

Must've changed your hat! Heheh. ;)

Anonymous said...

eventhough I hardly understood much... it was fun and foolish

Tess Kincaid said...

I love the thinking cap part. Haven't heard that in ages. This piece is really charming. One of your best, Tom. :)

Magpie said...

Yes, I would agree...mad as the Mad Hatter!!! Well done.

Baino said...

You have outdoodled yourself today Tom! I have a sweaty hat too, all adds to the character I think. Are you sure hard hats attract toothy fish .. handy tip that one, I'm off to the seaside.

mouse (aka kimy) said...

LOVE THIS!!! so much that i had to resort to capitals.... we'll be waiting for a youtube of you doing la cucaracha in your boxers

or

thereabouts

Christine H. said...

Brilliant!

Betsy Brock said...

This was great!
I like the whirlygig drawn one the best! ;)
...and ...laughing at Brian

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

Love the drawing...my favorite being the Cowboy hat wearing, four legged Captain Caveman look alike dude!

Anonymous said...

Enjoyable verse, and the illos I like, too.

Oh, I just read some more comments; didn't know you did the drawings yourself. Now I like 'em even more!

lettuce said...

only 50%

wonderfully mad hattery

human being said...

this time i can see one of the pics... the first one...
really love it... it really matches the words...
after Shell Silverstein, i choose you as the best...

Dreamhaven said...

Too funny for words. I specialize in crazy hats. Come have a look.

Woman in a Window said...

You are fun. But then you didn't need me to tell you that.