Thursday, March 25, 2010

Paradigm eternities

Saffron was Archie's primal name
and he wore it like a
breached petunia on his
lapellooza, that trilling
band around his waist that signaled
Go when DefConCo. drove alerts ahead
like a scattering cavalcade of sparrows.
In the office, Archie controlled subordinates
coolly and only brandished his
winkydink at subtle sarcasms.
He was nonnus vapidus and a
no nonsense renaissance yo-dude.
Archie swung a surfboard medallion
and when questioned said
'crap-ass that, mofo'
and 'shi...'.
His clutch was ever on
and he was. Clutch.
Others went agog, but Archie kept a keen
watch fob around his gog and when the chips
were all atwit, his crackled like a fresh
bowl of breakfast flakes.
Check it, Archie was Saffron,
and the world fell in step,
his was a one-sided coin.
On the shoals he taught
orcas to smite the monkey
like whack-a-mole and grind
pasty old fruit seekers secretly.
The orcas donned anti-gravitational
buoys and were mirthless in their
ruthlessity. Their chainsaw accessories
worked a mail wetsuit like a glow red
wire melts through Styrofoam.
In the boardroom
Archie's orcas grinned
inagoddavida with
enhanced pearl incisors. They
glimmered in the florescence.
His brand of a nutshell was
uncrackable with a moped operandi
that assailed the co-peditors open
toed with a pleasantly hued
visceral display and, rapt,
the nation and world engulfed
DefConCo. When no further
contributions to the product
entrailed a profit, those,
Saffron says, mofos ceased
and the people
tho purple
became inconsequential
now free to de-evolutionize.
With gills they practice
daily catharsis, emanating
eons of programmed rage
from dilating pores,
polluting the seas with a toxic
froth that batters the crags,
creating planet-wide monumental friezes
to glorify a race of nincompoops
better left to the archives of
the one who remembers,
the eternal brain of Archie,
albeit Saffron,
immortal head of Earth.

15 comments:

Brian Miller said...

you can go to jail for brandishing your winky dink...

crackled like a bowl of breakfast flakes...love that line.

ArtSparker said...

Any relation to Dagon, H.P. Lovecraft's Fish God?

Tom said...

No...but lately i have been seeing that name a lot, and i have never read any Lovecraft! Going to the library website right now to reserve a copy of something....

Reya Mellicker said...

Love those squids at the bottom of the post.

And ... I've heard of coininkidinks but never heard of winky dinks. Yikes!

Harnett-Hargrove said...

I love 'renaissance yo-dude's, they are mt FAVORITE! -J

Megan said...

Never read any Lovecraft? Oh boy oh boy. Can't wait to see what comes of THAT!

Tom said...

i moved H.P.L. up to Next on my reading list.

Woman in a Window said...

Finally a language I can understand! ohmygod, i am elated but small.

Farkin brillishness!

Woman in a Window said...

(submit this with photos fer god's sakes!)

Baino said...

Nice twist in Inagadadavida there! I think I work for Saffron. I can feel my self devolving and turning purple.

Unspoken said...

"With gills they practice
daily catharsis, emanating
eons of programmed rage
from dilating pores,
polluting the seas with a toxic
froth that batters the crags,
creating planet-wide monumental friezes
to glorify a race of nincompoops"

"Saffron was Archie's primal name
and he wore it like a
breached petunia on his
lapellooza,"

:)!! Tom, where do you come up with this stuff? I have to laugh aloud when I come here and wonder if you smile to yourself when writing as I do when reading what you wrote. Do tell ;).

PS The river is the Columbia. It is the border between southern WA and northern OR. I live on the north side, minutes from Portland. The bridge is I-5 the and I-5 runs from Canada to So Cal, maybe to Mexico, but I've always stopped by the time I got to LA.

PPS I sent Erin over. She uses verbs like you do.

Mike said...

One of these days I will know what the hell you are talking about! LMAO!

Lisa Ursu said...

"Others went agog, but Archie kept a keen watch fob around his gog and when the chips
were all atwit, his crackled like a fresh bowl of breakfast flakes"

I LOVE THAT,
and Brian's comment.

Fish lipped fish god
half fish
half chip

say what???

This calls for several cans of tuna.
i mean chicken of the sea.

Garth said...

Brilliant. I think I've worked with him.
Oh and please can I have a moped operandi too? pleeeez

JeffScape said...

Is it just me, or was this intended as strange homage to classic rock?

And DefConCo sounds like a web series in the making. ;)